Microsoft has released a new cumulative update KB5026446 (OS Build 22621.1778), which brings the highly anticipated Moment 3 update with a number of new features and improvements. Also, there is new cumulative preview KB5026435 (OS Build 19045.3031) available for Windows 10 version 22H2 with few features and improvements. Both of these updates are optional, it won’t download or install automatically unless you manually do it. Windows 11 KB5026446 and Windows 10 KB5026435 offline installers are also available for download on Microsoft Update Catalog. Well if you skip the update, all the new features and improvements are bundled on next month’s patch Tuesday update scheduled for 13 June 2023.
Windows 11 KB5026446, what’s new?
The latest Cumulative Update KB5026446 brings the so-called Moment 3 update to Windows 11 and advances the build number to 22621.1778.
Windows 11 KB5026446 Release Summary
- KB Article: KB5026446
- OS Version: Windows 11 version 22H2
- Build: 22621.1778
- Size: 287.4 MB
- Release Date: 24th May 2023
Talking about Features, as part of the Windows 11 Moment 3 update, there is a new VPN status icon added on the taskbar system tray.
The update adds a new “copy” button for copying 2FA codes from notification toasts, either from apps installed on your PC or phones linked to your PC.
Microsoft also brings back the highly requested taskbar feature, the ability to show seconds in the clock on the system tray.
Another notable change after installing this update you will notice is the “Bing” shortcut in the Windows Search box.
Windows 11’s Widgets board is getting a refresh with cosmetic improvements. The canvas size is now bigger and now supports three columns depending upon the display configuration.
Microsoft has also added a new animation for the widget icon on the taskbar. The animations are triggered when you hover your mouse over the widget.
Change the default behavior of the Print Screen key, which now opens the Snipping Tool. However, the option is reversible.
Content Adaptive Brightness Control or (CABC): new and improved energy saving option that changes the brightness of the display based on the content being played
Bluetooth Low Energy Audio support for the first time on desktop, Task Manager now allows you to create a kernel memory dump.
Apart from the above features, today’s release also brings a number of bug fixes and improvements to Windows 11 22H2.
- Addresses an issue that affects the Narrator. It now announces text attributes correctly for words, such as “misspelled,” “deletion change,” and “comment.”
- Fix a multi-function label printer issue that affects the installation of some of them.
- Today’s update resolves an issue that affects audio playback. It fails on devices that have certain processors.
- Addresses an issue that affects the touch keyboard. It shows the wrong layout for the French-Canadian language.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the touch keyboard. Sometimes, it does not show the correct layout based on the current input scope.
We recommend read the complete changelog Microsoft’s official site here.
Windows 10 KB5026435 what’s new?
The latest Cumulative Update KB5026446 for Windows 10 advances the build number to 22621.1778 and brings several bug fixes and improvements. Also, Microsoft added two new features related to the taskbar search experience and toast notifications.
Windows 10 KB5026435 Release Summary
- KB Article: KB5026435
- OS Version: Windows 10 version 22H2
- Build: 19045.3031
- Size: 746.6 MB (64-Bit)
- Release Date: 23rd May 2023
Talking about features, today’s update brings back an improved search box experience on the Windows 10 taskbar. If you have a top, bottom, regular, or small icons taskbar, you will see the search box appear.
You can use it to easily access apps, files, settings, and more from Windows and the web.
With Windows 10 KB5026435, Microsoft is introducing new features for toast notifications (pop-ups that appear on desktop and above apps). It is now possible to display up to three high-priority toast notifications simultaneously.
In addition to the above two new features, this update addresses an issue that affects access to Tab settings for IE mode sites.
Microsoft says it has fixed an issue that affects IE mode where users cannot access the tabs settings. A bug has been fixed where multi-function label printers may not run as expected.
Bring a bug fix for an issue that affects the touch keyboard. Sometimes, it does not show the correct layout based on the current input scope.
Addresses an issue that affects App Installer. Sometimes, MSIX apps fail to update.
This update addresses an issue that affects Server Message Block (SMB). You cannot access the SMB shared folder.
Fixed issues with Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC).
Finally, a bug has been fixed where users encountered BSOD when accessing a significant reparse point using NTFS.
Microsoft noted two known issues with this update:
You might have intermittent issues saving, copying, or attaching files using 32-bit apps, which are large address aware and using the CopyFile API.
Devices with Windows installations created from custom offline media or custom ISO image might have Microsoft Edge Legacy removed by this update, but not automatically replaced by the new Microsoft Edge.
Read the complete changelog Microsoft support site here.
Download Windows update
Windows updates are set to download and install automatically but Windows 11 KB5026446 and windows 10 KB5026435 are optional updates not installed automatically unless you check for updates and manually trigger the install process.
Update Windows 11:
- Press the Windows key + X and select settings
- Go to windows update and hit the check for updates button,
- This patch is titled “2023-05 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5026446)”.
- Click on the download and install button, and wait a few minutes to get it from the Microsoft server, once done reboot your PC.
Update Windows 10:
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings,
- Click Update & Security then windows update,
- Here you need to check for updates manually and then click on the ‘Download and install now’ link under optional updates.
- Once done restart your PC to apply the updates.
Windows 10 KB5026435 Update offline download Links: 64-bit and 32-bit (x86).
Windows 11 KB5026446 Update offline download Links: 64-bit.
If you are looking for Windows 10 ISO image get it downloaded from here. For Windows 11 ISO download check this post.
If you face difficulty installing these updates, check our Windows update troubleshooting guide here.
- Bluetooth disappeared after the recent Windows 10 update? Try this solution to fix it
- Did Windows 10 Computer Restarts Unexpectedly? Apply these solutions
- Solved: Windows 10 slow startup and shutdown after Windows Update
- Here are the 5 Best Password Managers for Windows 10
- Google Chrome sound not working? Here is how to fix the problem