It’s the Second Tuesday of the Month and part of the May 2023 Patch Tuesday update, Microsoft has released new Cumulative Update KB5026372 and KB5026368 for Windows 11 with a few bug fixes and quality improvements. Windows 11 KB5026372 advances the build number to 22621.1702 and fixes security vulnerabilities and introduces few changes, improvements, and bug fixes. Also, there is a new cumulative update KB5026368 is also available for Windows 11 21H2 advanced OS build number 22000.1936, which focuses on security enhancements, performance improvements and bug fixes. To upgrade to the new version, you can read the separate guide How to upgrade to Windows 11, version 22H2.
The following two updates are now available for Windows 11 devices:
- Windows 11, version 21H2: KB5026368 (OS Build 22000.1718)
- Windows 11, version 22H2: KB5026372 (OS Build 22621.1702)
Both of these are important updates that can be downloaded from Windows Settings. Also, you can use Microsoft Update Catalog to download Windows 11 KB5026372 offline installers. These MSU installers can be used to manually upgrade the devices to the latest version. The latest update KB5026372 for Windows 11 also includes everything that we got with last month’s ‘D’ week update, which was optional.
What’s new in Windows 11 KB5026372
The latest Windows 11 KB5026372 cumulative update (OS Build 22621.1702) brings security updates, and improvements, including fixes for the Microsoft store, Edge browser, windows search issues, and more. This update contains miscellaneous security improvements to internal OS functionality.
With Today’s update, Microsoft added a new toggle control on the Settings > Windows Update page. And Enable this option, Microsoft will prioritize the device to get the latest non-security updates and enhancements when they are available.
Fixed a race condition in Windows Local Administrator Password Solution (LAPS). The Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) could hang when the system was processing multiple local account operations at the same time. The access violation error code is 0xc0000005.
The update includes changes to the hardware stack protection feature in kernel mode.
The update adds more incompatible drivers to the database. The device uses this database when you enable this security feature in the Windows Security interface and when you download drivers.
- Today’s update also adds animations to a few icons on the Widgets taskbar button. For example, you will notice a new animation when a new announcement appears.
- Also addresses an issue that affects Microsoft Edge IE mode. Pop-up windows open in the background instead of in the foreground.
- Fixed a Chinese input method issue that prevented Windows users from seeing suggested items.
- Protected content will no longer be visible in taskbar live thumbnail previews.
- The update addresses an issue with apps using DirectX on older Intel graphics drivers, which previously triggered an error from apphelp.dll.
- Administrator Account Lockout policies reporting issues in GPResult and Resultant Set of Policy have been fixed.
- An issue affecting the Unified Write Filter (UWF), which caused devices to stop responding when turned off using a call to Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), has been addressed.
Known issues 01
- Provisioning packages may not work as expected. Windows may only be configured partially and the ” Out Of Box Experience might not finish or might restart unexpectedly”.
Known issues 02
- After installing this update, some apps might have intermittent issues with speech recognition, expressive input, and handwriting when using Chinese or Japanese languages.
In addition, If you skipped 25 April 2023’s preview update, you’d also receive those fixes and changes today. Read the complete changelog Microsoft support site here.
Windows 11 KB5026368 changelog
The latest Windows 11 update KB5026368 (OS Build 22000.1936) is available for version 21H2 which also has a similar changelog. This update contains miscellaneous security improvements to internal OS functionality and Includes security updates and improvements. This update addresses a race condition in Windows Local Administrator Password Solution (LAPS). The Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) might stop responding.
This update addresses an issue that occurs when you use a PIN to sign in to Windows Hello for Business. Signing in to Remote Desktop Services might fail. The error message is, “The request is not supported”.
Windows 11 KB5026368 also Include changes to firewall settings, address issue with Edge IE mode, Windows Remote Management (WinRM) client, provisioning packages, Windows Defender Application Control, Administrator Account Lockout policies, and MySQL commands. The commands fail on Windows Xenon containers and more.
We recommend reading the complete change log on the Microsoft support site here.
Download Windows 11 KB5026372
Windows 11 KB5026372 is an important security update that eventually downloads and installs automatically. Make sure your device has a working internet connection to connect to the Microsoft server and download the latest Windows 11 KB5026372 update. Also, you can make changes to the Windows settings and delay the update for a week or two, but it’s generally not a good idea to delay security updates. Well, windows 11 KB5026372 offline installers are also available for download on Microsoft Update Catalog.
Also, you can manually Download Windows 11 KB5026372 following the steps below:
- Press the Windows key + S, type settings, and select the first result,
- Go to Windows update and look if the 2023-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5026372) is available for download.
- If not hit the check for updates button, and click on the download now button to begin the process.
- Once done, restart your computer to apply the changes,
And press the Windows key + R, type winver and hit enter key to check the latest build details.
Windows 11 KB5026372 offline installers
This patch is currently rolling out to everyone via Windows Update, but you can also download the offline installers of Windows 11 KB5026372 and manually install it. Here are Windows 11 update offline installer files that you can manually download and install on your device.
- Windows 11 KB5026372 for version 22H2 Direct Download Links: 64-bit.
- Windows 11 KB5026368 for version 21H2 Direct Download Links: 64-bit.
Note: The above link opens the Microsoft Update Catalog which is the library of Windows Update offline installers. You need to click on the ‘Download’ button next to the version of the OS installed on your machine and run the .msu files to begin the installation of the update.
If you are looking for the latest Windows 11 ISO click here.
- Did Windows 10 Computer Restart Unexpectedly? Apply these solutions
- How to fix stop code DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error?
- iTunes Not Working on Windows 10? Here 5 Different iTunes problems and solutions
- Solved: Windows Cannot Verify the Digital Signature (Error code 52)
- YouTube Not perform well on Microsoft Edge Windows 10. Here is how to fix
Source: Microsoft support blog