Microsoft released Windows 11 build 22621.1778 (KB5026446) as the ‘Moment 3’ update that enriches the latest Microsoft system with new functions and refreshes its appearance. Windows 11 Moment 3 update includes widget improvements, VPN status icon on the system tray, an option to quickly copy and paste 2FA codes from the notification, the ability to display seconds on the taskbar clock, Live Kernel Memory Dumps in Task Manager and more. Windows 11 KB5026446 update is currently available as optional, won’t download and install automatically unless you manually opt for it. The patch can also be downloaded from the Windows Update Catalog. Here in this post, we discuss how to Download Windows 11 Moment 3 updates and what are new features and improvements included.
- 1 Download Windows 11 Moment 3 update
- 2 Windows 11 moment 3 update Features
- 3 Windows 11 moment 2 update Features
Download Windows 11 Moment 3 update
Cumulative update KB5026446 brings the Moment 3 features to Windows 11 version 22H2. Currently, this package is optional because it does not contain elements of “critical” importance and you need to manually check and install the Windows 11 KB5026446 update to enjoy the new features.
- Press the Windows key + I to open the settings app,
- Go to windows update then hit the check for Updates button,
- The package is titled “2023-05 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5026446)”. click on the download and install button,
Note- You may need to enable the “get the latest updates as soon as they’re available” toggle to unlock the Moment 3 features on devices.
Microsoft has also published direct download links for Windows 11 KB5026446 offline installers to make the process easier. Once Windows 11 KB5026446 is installed you need to reboot your PC to apply the changes and use the new features. And windows 11 version will change to Windows 11 22H2 build 22621.1778.
Windows 11 KB5023706 Direct Download Links: 64-bit. Once downloaded run the .msu installer to install and apply the changes.
Windows 11 KB5026446 is similar to a monthly cumulative update, but it is optional and brings a number of new features so it’s larger in size. Well, if you won’t install Windows 11 KB5026446 manually or skip the update, then all the new features bring to you on the June patch Tuesday update which is mandatory and set to arrive on June 13, 2023.
Windows 11 moment 3 update Features
This release is not big as the moment 2 update we received Artificial intelligence in the taskbar, tabs in Notepad and support for iPhones in Phone link application. Windows 11 Moment 3 brings several notable changes, long-requested features, and various quality-of-life improvements to Windows 11 version 22H2. Some of them include a VPN status icon in the system tray, a settings section dedicated to USB4 and the ability to display seconds in the system clock.
- The update has introduced some cosmetic changes to the widget board of the Windows 11 operating system. For instance, the bigger canvas size now has three columns.
- There’s a new animation for the widget icon on the taskbar, which is triggered when you hover the mouse over the widget.
- Updated notifications that now let you quickly copy 2FA codes without opening incoming messages, emails, or other types of notifications.
- There is a dedicated VPN indication in the notification area.
- Developers can now create live kernel memory dumps in Task Manager.
- Content Adaptive Brightness Control, or (CABC), which makes your laptop or tablet last longer by changing the brightness based on what’s being displayed, has gotten some improvements and customizations.
- The updated Taskbar provides an option to show seconds in the clock.
- More Microsoft Edge tabs can now be displayed when Alt+Tab is pressed.
- Accessibility improvements to make the operating system more accessible to people with disabilities.
- Multiple fixes and minor changes throughout the OS.
- Supports Bluetooth low energy audio, providing a better audio experience in calls, videos and music.
- New app privacy settings put transparency and control in your hands.
Windows 11 moment 2 update Features
The Latest Windows 11 KB5023706 moment 2 update brings a number of new changes, features, and improvements to Windows 11 22H2. Some of them include Bing AI Chat integration in the Taskbar, Taskbar designed for tablets, Revamped Chat (Microsoft Teams) feature in Taskbar and more. Here is an official video overview of what the Windows 11 22H2 moment update offers.
AI-powered Bing chat
The highlight of this Windows 11 Moment 2 update is AI-powered Bing integration to search functionality on Windows 11. Microsoft has now powered up the Windows 11 taskbar with Bing AI. To use this feature, click on the search box present on the taskbar, and type in what you want, the Bing AI will display the results the right way with the search box itself.
“Soon hundreds of millions of Windows 11 users can get access to this incredible new technology to search, chat, answer questions and generate content from right on their Windows taskbar.”
Phone Link app now supports Apple iPhones
Till now Microsoft phone link app supports Android devices to link their phone with windows PC and manage text messages and make phone calls from PC. Now the phone link app updated to support Apple iPhone devices this feature is now in beta and sometimes the feature fully rolls out to all windows PCs soon or later.
If you have a Samsung Galaxy smartphone, the new Phone Link makes it easier to activate your phone’s hotspot with a single click from within the Wi-Fi network list on your PC. Today’s update also brings a ‘Recent Websites’ feature aimed at making it easy for users to bring their tabs from a mobile device to PC.
Windows Studio Effects Quick Settings tile
With the Windows 11 Moment 2 update for version 22H2, Microsoft has added a quick setting tile for Windows studio effects, make it easy for users to enable effects for microphones and webcams.
For those who don’t know, Windows Studio Effects is a feature that lets users enhance their visual and audio experience when on calls or video meetings.
You can access the quick settings file head over to the bottom right corner of the taskbar and you will be able to control settings like the background effect, automatic framing, and eye contact.
Notepad gets a tabbed interface
Last year with the Moment 1 update Microsoft brought tabs to files explorer on Windows 11. And now you can enjoy the same feature/interface on Notepad. users can now open multiple instances of the Notepad app by simply clicking on the + icon to open more tabs of the Notepad app.
The latest version of the Notepad app let users open multiple files in the same window and also brings in some changes like a new indicator for unsaved changes along with some other design tweaks.
In Windows 11 moment 2 update Notepad now gets support for multiple tabs.
The snipping tool can now record screen as well
With today’s update, Microsoft updated the snipping tool adding the ability to record desktop Screens. Yes, apart from just taking screenshots you can now screen record your desktop right away. Choose a particular window itself to screen record it without having to worry about other apps popping up while screen recording. Once the recording is complete you can preview save and share the clip. Recordings are stored using the MP4 file format, and you can record both an area of the screen and the whole screen.
Note- Microsoft noted, the Snipping tools screen recording capability does not include audio recording features.
Third-party widget support
And finally, with today’s update, Microsoft enables support for third-party apps on Windows 11. While some apps like Spotify, Xbox and Messenger already have new widgets, more developers are expected to jump ship since now all Windows developers can make a widget for their app.
With today’s update, Microsoft introduces a tablet-optimized taskbar for Windows tablet users. With this new feature, the Windows 11 taskbar will automatically collapse when you disconnect or fold back your keyboard on a 2-in-1 PC. Then, when you wish to use the taskbar, you can simply swipe up to display a taskbar optimized for touch.
This feature can be enabled by going to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar > behaviors and configuring “Automatically hide the taskbar when using your device as tablet.”
Search on task manager
Windows 11 task manager which can open using Ctrl + shift + Esc key on the keyboard displays information on applications and processes on your computer. The task manager now get a Search box on the top side of the window that helps to quickly find the processes you want to kill or want more information about.
Today’s update also includes a redesigned Quick Assist app that lets you remotely help others or receive help with technical issues, even if your device is behind a firewall.
A new modern System Tray lets you drag and drop icons from the hidden notification tray easily.
In addition, Laptop users may appreciate the new energy recommendations shown in the Settings app when accessing System > Power & battery > Energy recommendations.
- Windows 11 Laptop acting slow After Update? 10 ways to speed it up
- Windows 11 Outlook Search function Not Working, Let’s restore it
- Microsoft Edge is very slow on Windows 11. 7 tips to speed it up
- Desktop Window Manager dwm.exe High CPU on Windows 11 solved
- Microsoft Edge Black screen after Windows 11 update (solved)