Today part of the May 2023 Patch Tuesday update, Microsoft has released new cumulative update KB5026361 for the latest Windows 10 version 22H2 for users in the production channel. Installing this update KB5026361 bumps to Windows 10 build 19045.2965 and the focus is on security, reliability improvements, and fixes across the board. Also, there is a new cumulative update KB5026362 (OS Build 17763.4377) available for Windows 10 version 1809. Windows 10 KB5026361 and KB5026362 address multiple security vulnerabilities and fix numerous performance issues. According to Microsoft, the patch contains miscellaneous security improvements to internal functionality. Windows 10 Build 19045.2965 is an important security update that eventually downloads and installs automatically on your device. Windows 10 KB5026361 offline installers are also available for download on Microsoft Update Catalog if you wish to install the update manually.
Since Windows 11 release, Windows 10 is no longer the primary operating system or priority for Microsoft, And you won’t find any big changes in the latest update or forthcoming cumulative releases.
Download Windows 10 KB5026361
The latest update KB5026361 only applicable for All devices running Windows 10 versions 22H2, and 21H2. Well, this is an Important update, download and install automatically when your device is connected to Microsoft server. Also, you can manually install KB5026361 following the steps below.
As per usual,this update is mandatory and it will be installed automatically at some point if you don’t choose to do it yourself.
- Right-click on the Windows 10 start menu and select settings,
- Go to Update & Security then windows update,
- Now click the Check for updates button, and you will notice KB5026361 started downloading,
- Once done you need to restart your PC to apply the updates. After that, Windows 10 bumps to OS build 19045.2965 you can check the same using winver command.
Windows 10 KB5026361 Direct Download Links: 64-bit and 32-bit (x86).
Note: The above Windows 10 offline installer link opens Microsoft’s Update Catalog. You need to click on the “download” button next to the version of Windows 10 compatible with your system and begin the download by clicking on .msu link which appears in the next pop-up.
If you are looking for Windows 10 version 22H2 ISO you can get it from here.
Windows 10 Build 19045.2965, what’s new?
Installing Windows 10 KB5026361 bumps OS Build 19045.2965 which include quality improvements and several bug fixes. The company noted their release note, This update contains miscellaneous security improvements to internal OS functionality.
Microsoft is busy with the development of Windows 11, today’s update actually comes with several noticeable changes only
With today’s update, Microsoft Fixed a race condition in Windows Local Administrator Password Solution (LAPS). The Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) could hang when the system was processing multiple local account operations at the same time. The access violation error code is 0xc0000005.
Windows 10 KB5026361 update also includes language and region sync, firewall changes, search string return, fixes for password issues, LSASS, IE Edge, MDM, Windows Defender, keyboard and other improvements.
- Resolves a printing issue experienced by mobile device management (MDM) customers caused by an exception.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Windows Defender Application Control. The policy that blocks software using a hash rule might not stop the software from running.
- Addresses an issue that occurs when you use a PIN to sign in to Windows Hello for Business.
Signing in to Remote Desktop Services might fail. The error message is, “The request is not supported”.
- Addresses an issue that affects Microsoft Edge WebView2, might cause an infinite loop when you try to restart its process.
- This update addresses an issue that affects apps that use DirectX on older Intel graphics drivers. You might receive an error from apphelp.dll.
Microsoft Edge Legacy may have been removed on devices with Windows installations created from custom offline media or ISO images, but the browser may not have been replaced by the new Edge.
you can read the complete changelog here.
Windows 10 Build 17763.4377
The latest Windows 10 KB5026362 for version 1809 advances the OS build number 17763.4377 and brings several security bug fixes and general quality improvements. This update addresses security issues that affect Microsoft Edge IE mode. The issue stops you from configuring add-ons.
Addresses an issue that affects the legacy Local Administrator Password Solution (LAPS) and the new Windows LAPS feature.
They fail to manage the configured local account password. This occurs when you install the legacy LAPS .msi file after you have installed the April 11, 2023, Windows update on machines that have a legacy LAPS policy.
This update addresses a race condition in Windows LAPS. The Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) might stop responding.
This occurs when the system processes multiple local account operations at the same time. The access violation error code is 0xc0000005.
Addresses an issue that might affect the Windows Local Administrator Password Solution (LAPS). It might fail. This occurs on versions of Windows Server 2019 that run Server Core. The error is 0x8007007f.
- This update addresses an issue that affects conhost.exe. It stops responding.
- This update affects the Islamic Republic of Iran. The update supports the government’s daylight saving time change order from 2022.
- The update addresses an issue that affects the Remote Procedure Call Service (RPCSS). A lock order inversion causes a deadlock in it.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Key Distribution Center (KDC) service. When the service stops on a local machine, signing in to all local Kerberos fails. The error is STATUS_NETLOGON_NOT_STARTED.
- This update addresses an issue that affects accounts that run the Set-AdfsCertificate command. The command fails. This occurs when an account does not have read permissions for the related Distributed Key Manager (DKM) container.
- This update addresses an Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS). You might need to retry authentication multiple times to sign in successfully.
- This update addresses an issue that affects SMB Direct. Endpoints might not be available on systems that use multi-byte character sets.
known issues :
- kiosk device profiles that have auto log on enabled might not sign in automatically.
- After installing KB5001342 or later, the Cluster Service might fail to start because a Cluster Network Driver is not found.
You can read the complete changelog on the support site here.
The full list of April 2023 Patch Tuesday updates for Windows 10 is below:
- Windows 10 version 1507 — KB5026382 (OS Build 10240.19926)
- Windows 10 version 1607 — KB5026363 (OS Build 14393.5921)
- Windows 10 version 1703 — EOS
- Windows 10 version 1709 — EOS
- Windows 10 version 1803 — EOS
- Windows 10 version 1809 — KB5026362 (OS Build 17763.4377)
- Windows 10 version 1903 — EOS
- Windows 10 version 1909 — EOS
- Windows 10 version 2004 — EOS
- Windows 10 version 20H2, 21H2, and 22H2 — KB5026361(OS Builds 19042.2965, 19044.2965, and 19045.2965
If you face difficulty installing these updates, check our Windows update troubleshooting guide here.
- Solved: print jobs stay in the queue after printing Windows 10
- Ethernet Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration Windows 10
- How to Fix IP address conflict Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- How to Create Custom Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10
Source: – Microsoft blog