Windows Password Recovery program can be very handy and crucial as its main task is to recover or reset the lost administrator password that we often use to sign in to the Windows computer. But the real confusion begins when you are about to choose the right Windows 10 password recovery tool for you. Don’t worry, we have done your homework and in this article, we are going to list down the best 5 Free Windows 10 password recovery tools that you can use to reset or modify the password of your computer when forgotten.
Note: All these free Windows Password Recovery tools work for Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10/NT/95/98/2000/20003 as well as some programs will even work with Windows servers.
If you are talking about quality and reliability then PassFolk SaverWin will be the #1 recommended Windows 10 password recovery software. It is very popular and can be downloaded for FREE.
SaverWin doesn’t require you to have any knowledge about the past password; it can reset the administrator password using the password reset disk produced by it. Please keep in mind, this program doesn’t recover the software but it simply get rid of the login screen so that you can use the PC without any password.
- Fastest Windows password-cracking program.
- No need to remember the old password as it is not required.
- An absolutely FREE program which means you don’t have to invest a single dime.
- Works with Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows XP/Vista/7 including local, Microsoft, domain, and root accounts.
- The program size is way smaller than any other password recovery tool.
- Password Reset Disk can be created with a USB drive or CD/DVD.
- Saverwin requires a separate computer in order to install the program.
- ISO file must be burned onto a media disk before it can reset the computer password.
Additional Information –
- PassFolk SaverWin can erase any kind of password from all Windows computers instantly.
- No need to reinstall the operating system.
- Very fast and easy to use.
- No data or files from your PC will be compromised.
- Completely free to use.
- Reset local/Microsoft/root/domain accounts. All-in-one.
- It also works with Windows 64-bit versions.
Kon-Boot is one of the quickest Windows password recovery programs we’ve ever used. It also resets the computer password just like SaverWin.
But, Kon-boot actually works totally distinctly and that’s why it’s a great alternative if other tools don’t work with you.
- Easy password recovery tool.
- Freely available.
- Very smaller in size. Perhaps the smallest available yet.
- Works with Windows XP/Vista/7 and old Windows servers.
- Compatible with 32-bit versions only.
- We need to have a separate computer to burn the ISO image.
- ISO image must be burned on a CD/DVD as USB drives are incompatible with it.
- It doesn’t support Windows 64-bit versions.
WinGeeker is yet another free Windows password recovery program. But it is not really recommended and not our best choice either. It works like any other tool but the disadvantages of this program are way more than the advantages.
Indeed, it is a free tool but keep in mind, you will have to install the tool on a distinct PC and if that’s the case then we will rather recommend SaverWin or NT Password than this.
- Various password cracking methods are included.
- Password recovery is fast with short and simple passwords.
- Different Rainbow Tables need to be downloaded first from the internet.
- Must install the software on a media disk just like any other recovery tool.
- A separate computer with administrator rights is required.
- Complex and complicated program. Newbie users should stay away from this.
- Not working with Windows Vista/7/8/10 at all.
Offline NT Password & Registry Editor is a famous and well-known Windows password cracker. It is no better than the premium tools available online. Definitely one of the favorite password recovery software available at the moment and can be used to crack Windows passwords as well as zipped, internet explorer, mail and other files and folders.
- Fast password resetting program.
- You do not need to remember any old passwords.
- Open source and free program which means it will remain free forever.
- Works with Windows 7/8/10 but only for local accounts.
- ISO image file is small in size.
- The text-based program could be inconvenient for non-programmers.
- Must burn the ISO image into a pen drive or compact disk before you can reset the password.
Ophcrack Live CD
Ophcrack is the only password cracker listed in this article that can actually recover the lost password instead of resetting it. It is very fast to recover the password considering you are using a short and simple password for the computer.
- The program is free to use and can be downloaded from the internet.
- The linux-based program which means it can recover the password automatically.
- No need to install the software.
- The cracked password will be shown on the display screen.
- Works with Windows XP/Vista/7 and Windows 8.
- Many antivirus programs identify it as a Trojan.
- ISO files must be burned on a pen drive or media disc.
- Only simple passwords less than 14 characters can be cracked.
- Will not even work on Windows 10 at all.
And that was all. We have listed the best 5 FREE Windows 10 password recovery tools that you must try in 2023. All tools are freely available and can be downloaded from their respective websites for free. So you do not need to install the OS when you forget the password but instead, use one of the tools recommended in this article. If you have more tools in your mind then feel free to share it with us.