Did you experience WiFi issues with your Brand new iPhone after the iOS 16 update? You are not alone, Several users repot, wifi not working on iphone but working on other devices or iPhone not connecting to wifi after update. It’s really annoying because it prevents access internet on your iPhone. Here is how to fix it When Your iPhone is Not Connecting to Wi-Fi or WiFi connection keeps dropping out intermittently.
iPhone not connecting to wifi after update
Here are some tested solutions apply to fix the Wi-Fi issues on your iPhone or iPad after upgrading to iOS 16.
If iPhone keeps disconnecting at random intervals and disrupting internet access, check and make sure your iPhone is in the Wi-Fi’s range as every router has its specific range to which it caters.
- Toggle Wi-Fi, turn it off and turn it back on
- Toggle Airplane Mode, enable it, wait for a minute and disable it again
If you are using a VPN, disconnect from it (VPN) and check if it resolves the issue.
- Disable VPN in the Settings app: Tap General > Tap VPN and disconnect it.
- Or you can also delete the VPN totally: Go to Settings > General > VPN > Tap (i) > Tap Delete VPN.
Force Restart Your Device
If this is the first time you have notice, your iphone keeps disconnecting from WiFi network, we recommend restarting your device. Force restarting your iphone helps fix many minor glitches on the device that may be causing Wifi issues.
- Force restart iPhone 8 and later
Quickly press and release the volume up button then down button, now press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
- Force restart iphone 7 or 7 plus
Press and hold the Power button and Volume Down button together > Release both buttons when the Apple logo appears
- Force restart iPhone 6s, SE and earlier
Hold down the Home button and the Power button at the same time > Release both buttons when the Apple logo appears.
Turn Off/On Wi-Fi Assist
Some users have reported that disable and re-enable Wi-Fi Assist seems to help solve the Wi-Fi keeps dropping issue in iOS 16. Go to Settings > Tap Cellular > Disable Wi-Fi Assist and turn it on again after a few seconds.
Forget and reconnect wifi network
If you notice your iPhone is connected to the Wifi but there is no Internet, In such Situations forget the network you were connected and connect to the network by typing in the password again and tapping “Join”.
- Open settings then tap on WiFi,
- Tap on the network name” then Information Icon and finally tap on “Forget this network”. Finally, tap Forget to confirm the action.
- Next, restart your iphone and network devices such as router and modem,
- Now find the network’s name on your iPhone under the “Wi-Fi” option in “Settings”.
- Connect to the network by typing in the password again and tapping “Join”.
Reset network settings
There may be a network configuration bug causing the problem. You can also fix this problem wifi not working on iphone by resetting your network settings
Note: Resetting the network will erase all saved passwords and networks, so you must once again try and connect to a network of your choice.
Visit “Settings” on your iPhone and select “General”, then “Reset” and tap on “Reset Network Settings”.
Enter your passcode to confirm > Restart your device > Enter the WiFi passcode to rejoin the Wi-Fi to see if it resolves the issue.
It will restore all the network-related settings to factory defaults which means you will have to adjust them all over again.
Also, renew the lease on the iPhone by visiting “Settings” then tapping on “Wi-Fi” and selecting your network. Then, tap on “i” and hit “Renew Lease”.
Update the software
Installing the latest software update help fix different issues on your device. As you can’t connect to your Wi-Fi network you have an option to use mobile data or try connecting to another network (if possible).
- Launch Settings from your Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Tap Software Update.
- If there’s an update available, tap Install.
Reset Your Device
If all the above methods cannot help you fix the iOS 16 WiFi not working problem, the last option is to erase and restore your iPhone. Create a backup first. Then go to Settings > General > Reset. Tap Erase All Content and Settings to make it.
Let the process complete. When it is done, follow the steps to set up your phone.
If you’ve tried all the software options available and you still can’t connect to any Wi-Fi network, then it may be a hardware issue. And the only way to fix it is to visit your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Repair Shop.
- Wi-Fi not working on Android? 7 quick solutions to apply
- How to Fix Internet connection Problems on android devices!
- 5 effective solutions to fix Macbook’s wifi connectivity problems
- Windows 10 Laptop keeps disconnecting from WIFI (Updated solutions)
- How to fix Internet connection problems on iOS / iPhone devices