Windows show Activate Windows watermark in the bottom right corner of a non-activated Windows machine to remind you to activate your windows 10 system. If you have non activated windows 10 copy installed on your PC there are chances you might see “Activate Windows 10 – Go to settings to activate windows” watermark on your Windows desktop. So are you looking for a way to remove activate windows 10 watermark from your desktop? Nothing to be worried about here is a simple and easy method to remove activate the windows 10 watermark without a Product key. Here is the solution for you.
Remove Activate Windows 10 Watermark permanently
The common reason for Activate Windows 10 watermark is your windows license has expired. Or you have Unmatched Windows version for ex: purchased a license for Windows 10 Professional Edition and you installed Windows 10 Home Edition on your computer. Well, if you have a genuine product key, you can activate it directly, but if you do not have a product key or serial key, you will see the Activate Windows watermark on your desktop.
Also, you can use some third-party software to activate windows you can do it, but there are a lot of chances to get the watermark again. So if you want to remove Activate Windows watermark, Here follow the below steps.
Notepad tweak to remove active windows watermark
You can remove Activate Windows Watermark with a simple notepad trick. Let’s follow the below steps :
First open Notepad, You can do this by click on the start menu search type notepad and hit the enter key. Now on notepad type, the below commands :
taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe
Now on notepad go to file and click “Save as”. Here Change the save as type to All Files (*.*) and Give the file name as “ remove.bat”
Now open the file location where you saved it. You will see a file as shown below the image.
Now simply select and right-click on the remvoe.bat file and click on run as administrator. you will see a command prompt will open and closed itself. That’s it now simply restart the Windows computer. And you will notice Activate Windows 10 watermark will be removed from your desktop.
Remove a Windows Watermark With Regedit
Here is another tweak to remove the activated windows 10 watermark from the registry editor. Here is how to do
- Press Windows + R, type regdit, and ok to open the windows registry editor.
- First backup registry database then navigate to the following key.
- “HKEY_CURRENT_USER” Expand “Control Panel.” Click on the “Desktop” folder.
- Now on it in the right-hand window, Double click on “PaintDesktopVersion” DWORD key.
- And Change the “1” to a “0” in the “Value Data” field, and click “OK.”
- That’s all, Close the registry editor, and restart windows to take effect the changes.
Remove windows watermark with Ease Of Access
Using the windows 10 ease of access you can remove the windows background image which will then make the watermark disappear.
- Press Windows key + S, type control and select control panel from the search results,
- Go to Ease of Access Centre, then click on Make the computer easier to see
- Now, scroll down to the bottom of this screen to tick the box Remove background images (where available)
- Click OK and Restart your machine, now check the active windows watermark is gone.
Windows Watermark Removal Tool
Still need help, you can use the third-party Windows Watermark Removal Tool to quickly and easily Remove Activate Windows Watermark on your Windows 10 PC.
- First Download the free windows watermark remover tool from here
- Unzip the file and double-click on uwd.exe and install it.
- The application will run then automatically log you off.
- Log back into your machine.
- The watermark should now be removed.
These are some of the best tweaks to remove activate windows 10 watermark from your Windows Desktop computer or laptop. I hope after applying this tweak you can easily remove activate Windows watermark. still, have any queries, suggestion feel free to comment below. Also, read from our blog