Windows 11 blue screen error page fault in non paged area, indicates that the system or service attempted to access memory or pagefile (virtual memory) that is not available or has not been loaded into physical memory. Sometimes you may get this blue screen error after Windows 11 update or after installing new hardware or software. Problems with RAM or disk drive error, outdated driver or Windows version, or corrupted system files are common reasons behind this Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area Blue screen error. Again third-party security software can also cause this issue on Windows 11. Whatever the reason, here in this article we have discussed several fixes that you can try to fix the blue screen error on Windows 11.
Page Fault in Nonpaged Area Error Windows 11
Well, the root cause of this blue screen error could be the page file (Virtual memory) and you need to reset default to fix this issue. Problems with memory (RAM or Random access memory) also could be the reason for this blue screen error, running Memory diagnostic tool helps detect and fix memory errors. In addition, installing the latest Windows update bring the bug fix for this problem or update drivers on your computer help fix the blue screen error on Windows 11.
Boot Into Safe mode
Sometimes restart Windows 11 to fix the problem. Well if due to this blue screen error computer restart frequently, making it difficult to diagnose the issue, start Windows 11 safe mode and apply the solutions listed below.
Perform Startup Repair
Well if your PC fails to start in safe mode or frequently restarts, then access advanced options and perform startup repair. For this boot Windows from Windows installation media, If you don’t have then create an installation media using this link. Skip the first Screen, On the next screen click on Repair computer -> Troubleshooting -> Advanced options and click on Startup Repair.
Reset Virtual Memory on Windows 11
The problem with virtual memory (page file) is one of the most common reasons for this blue screen error, Reset paging file size management probably helps fix the problem.
- Press Windows key + R, type SystemPropertiesAdvanced.exe and click ok
- Click on Settings then move to the Advanced tab,
- Under Virtual memory click on change and uncheck the option “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.”
- Next, Select No Paging File and Finally Click on OK.
Run Memory Diagnostic Tool
Windows Memory Diagnostic tool to test the RAM that probably helps identify the actual cause behind the BSOD error. To check if the RAM is working correctly
- Press Windows key + R, type mdsched.exe and click ok to open the memory Diagnostic tool
- Click Restart now and check for problems (recommended).
- This will restart your PC and scan for memory errors, the scan may take 20-30 minutes let it complete.
- Once done the results will be shown by Windows after a restart.
Repair system files with SFC and DISM
This blue screen error “Page Fault in Nonpaged Area” can be caused by corrupt, damaged or missing system files. Let’s run the System file checker utility to scan and replace corrupted damaged files with the correct ones. In addition, run the DISM restore health command that take care of the system image as well.
- Press Windows key + S, type cmd and select run as administrator,
- First, run DISM restore health command DISM/Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth
- Next, run the system file checker command sfc /scannow
- The above command Repair a Windows Image, scan all protected system files and replace corrupted files with a cached copy that is located in a compressed folder at %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.
- Once the scanning is complete 100% restart your PC and check if this help fix the blue screen error on Windows 11.
Update Windows 11
Driver incompatibility also may be the reason why you are getting Blue screen error on your PC. Let’s check and install the latest Windows updates that bring the latest bug fixes, and fix compatibility issues on Windows 11.
- Press Windows key + X and select settings
- Go to windows update then hit Check for Updates button
- Download and install if any Windows Updates pending there.
- Additionally, click Advanced options, then optional updates
- Look for and install updates available for any suspected hardware component that might be causing the blue screen error.
Update Device Drivers
An outdated device driver or driver on the computer is incompatible with the operating system is another common reason behind Windows 11 blue screen error. Let’s open the device manager and update the essential drivers.
- Press Windows key + X and select Device manager
- This will display a list of devices and peripherals connected to your computer.
- Expand them and look if any drivers listed there with a yellow exclamation mark
- Right-click on it select update driver, or uninstall the driver from there.
- Download the latest driver from the manufacturer and install it on your PC.
In addition to this check and update the display driver, network adapter, and audio driver. Or download and install the latest driver update from the manufacturer’s site.
Repair your disk errors
Another common reason for this blue screen error is bad sectors on your boot drive. This blue screen error Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area is related to pagefile (virtual memory) on your system the uses the hard disk as a temporary storage space when there is not enough physical memory (RAM) available to hold. And the problem with the disk drive may cause this blue screen error.
- Open command prompt as administrator
- Type command chkdsk c: /x /r and press enterkey
- Press Y and hit enter key to schedule run disk repair on next reboot
- Close everything and restart your computer.
In addition, If software issues are causing the error, you should check for any conflicting software programs or applications. You can do this by uninstalling any recently installed programs or by using the Task Manager to check for any programs that are using too much memory.
- 8 Ways to Protect Windows 11 PC From Hackers and Virus
- Signs of Hard Disk Failure: How to Detect if Your Hard Drive is Failing
- File Explorer Not Working after Windows 11 update? 7 solutions to apply
- Wi-Fi Keeps Disconnecting after Windows 10 update [solved]
- 3 ways to Remove activate windows 10 watermark on your PC