With iOS 16 Apple has updated its innovative Live Listen feature to work with AirPods. When the live listen feature is enabled it turns your iPhone into a directional microphone that feeds audio directly to your AirPods or Made For iPhone-compatible hearing aids.
With Live Listen feature enabled your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch can act like a microphone that sends sound to your AirPods and make it easier to hear people and conversations in a busy environment.
How to enable Live Listen iOS 16?
First of all, make sure you have updated to iOS 16 if you want to use your Airpods.
To use Live Listen, you need to add it to Control Center:
- Go to Settings > Control Center.
- Tap Customize Controls.
- Scroll down and tap the Add icon (it looks like a + inside a green circle) next to Hearing.
- Tap Back to save the setting.
How to use Live Listen?
Now, whenever you want to activate the service,
- open the Control Centre, using Swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen.
- If you have iPhone X or later or an iPad with iOS 16 or later, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen to open the control center.
- Tap on the Hearing icon, select Live Listen, and audio should start streaming to your AirPods or Made For iPhone hearing aids.
Live listen Airpods not working
If you’re having trouble getting Live Listen to work properly. Getting the message when trying to use live listen Unavailable for the current route
- Simply Restart your paired device and try again.
- Ensure that Bluetooth is turned on. Go to your iOS device’s Bluetooth page and check that your hearing aid or AirPods are paired
- your AirPods are charged, and the volume is turned up on your iPhone.
And to turn off Live Listen, simply open Control Centre, tap Hearing, and deselect Live Listen.