If you are trying to connect your iPhone with Windows 10 computer, then you are going to likely face some ridiculous error all the time. The error can be of any kind – computer failing to read content from the iPhone or just refuse to play your music. Out of all the annoying errors, the most common one is iTunes Error 0xE80000A where iTunes could not connect to your iPhone and unknown error occurs.
itunes could not connect to this iPhone. an unknown error occurred (0xe800000a)
Table of Contents
Add a header to begin generating the table of contents
There is a various reason that causes iTunes error 0xe80000a windows 10 such as damaged USB port or cable, incompatible version of iTunes installed on your PC or Windows system files corrupted missing and more.
As this error prevents the iPhone to connect to your computer, this is going to be very frustrating for you. But iTunes related errors can be pretty easily fixed on your Windows 10 PC. If you are also struggling form similar problem here we have listed different solutions which you can try instantly to fix the unknown connectivity error on your iPhone and Windows computer.
iTunes error 0xe80000a windows 10
Pro Tip: A faulty USB port or cable might be the common reason for 0xe80000a error iTunes. Hence connect your iPhone to another USB port of your PC. If you find it necessary, you can use another cable as well.
Also, make sure the USB cable is connected properly between the PC USB port and the iPhone.
Update your operating systems
The foremost thing that you can try to fix the iTunes 0xE80000A error would be updating your entire system. If the error is occurring because of hardware or software incompatibilities, then updating your Windows 10, iOS and iTunes software will fix the problem for you. You can start updating the procedure by updating your Windows 10.
- Press Keyboard shortcut Windows + I to open the Settings app,
- Click on Update & security than Windows update,
- hit the check for updates button to allow download latest windows updates from the Microsoft server.
Next, you can try to update your iOS software by clicking on the Settings app on your iPhone and then tap over General and here you will see the Software Update tab. If any updates are available for your iPhone, then press on download to install them. Lastly, you need to update your iTunes software by simply typing Apple software update in the Start Menu and all the available updates will appear on your screen to download. By updating software, your 0xE80000A error will disappear for sure.
Sometimes the third-party antivirus program can causes connectivity issue between your iPhone and iTunes software. To check the problem, you need to pause antivirus software temporarily on your device and try to reconnect your iPhone. Apart from completely disabling the antivirus system from the system tray, you can disable various live shields of antivirus software this way your computer won’t be fully exposed to viruses. If this option worked for you, then you can add iTunes to the exemption to the antivirus software firewall list for error-free connectivity.
Restart Apple Mobile Device Service
Here another effective solution that probably helps fix iTunes error 0xe80000a windows 10
- Press Windows + R, type servcies.msc and click ok
- Scroll down and locate apple mobile device service,
- Right-click on apple mobile device service and select restart,
- If the service not started then double click on that service to open its properties,
- Here change the startup to automatic and start the service next to service status.
- Click ok and apply to make save changes
Redefine location and privacy settings
If your location and privacy settings are corrupted on your iPhone, then this can be another reason for the occurrence of 0xE80000A unknown error. The location and privacy settings hold the trust permission which is granted to your iPhone the first time when you linked it to your computer. These settings can be easily fixed by resetting them. Once you reset these settings, then certain apps will ask you again for the location services use all over again. To reset location and privacy settings, you have to perform the following actions –
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone, next tap over General and then on Reset.
- On the next screen, you have to tap over the reset location and privacy settings and then tap on Reset settings to confirm.
Once you have reset the location and privacy settings, then you can connect your iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes and then click on trust on the prompt pop up screen on your iPhone.
Reset lockdown folder
Lockdown folder is a special directory generated by iTunes which contains various security certificates that are required to establish communication with the previously connected iOS devices successfully. Just like the location and privacy settings, you can reset them to fix iTunes error 0xE80000A and to do that –
- Press Windows+R to open the Run box. Type %ProgramData% into the Open field, and then click OK.
- Once you see the File Explorer Window, then you have to double-tap on the folder named Lockdown.
- In the Apple directory, you need to right-click on the lockdown folder and then click on the rename option.
- Now, you can rename the folder which will ensure that your backup remains safe on the old folder.
You can try to relaunch iTunes and reconnect your iPhone and then tap Trust when prompted. Now, the lockdown folder will be created from scratch with the security certificate which is required to establish communication successfully between your computer and iPhone.
Reset iTunes app (Windows 10 Only)
If you have installed the iTunes app from the Microsoft store then reset the app to its default setup following the steps below.
- Open settings app using the keyboard shortcut Windows + I,
- click apps than apps and features,
- Search for iTunes and click advanced options,
- On the next window, you get option to reset the app to its default setup.
If you are still facing trouble in connecting after using all the methods, then at the final resort you can try to reinstall your iTunes software. This will eventually fix all the corrupted files and data problems for you without any extra hassle.
Also sometimes corrupted system files also cause different errors on windows 10 PC, Run build-in system file checker utility following steps here. That automatically detects and restores missing corrupted system files with the correct one. And that probably fix iTunes error as well on windows 10.
Well, iTunes error 0xE80000A is quite weird and can damper your mood when you want to connect your iPhone to your Windows 10 computer that’s why it needs to be treated soon. You can try multiple methods to fix this error, but updating your operating systems is the most common one so you should try it for sure as it is super easy. However, if you are not able to completely fix this error, then you can contact both Microsoft and Apple community to help you out.
- Windows 10 won’t shut down after update? Try these solutions to fix it
- How to Quickly Fix Blue Screen of Death Errors in Windows 10
- Fix APC_INDEX_MISMATCH Stop code 0x00000001 on Windows 10
- 7 Best Antivirus Software for Windows 10 PC in 2019
- 7 tips to fast a Slow Computer in Less Than 10 Minutes
- Solved: No Audio Output Device is Installed in Windows 10 1903