Did the iPhone stick in Recovery Mode? This problem usually occurs while attempting to update your iOS system to the latest version iOS 16. In these cases, our Apple device will be frozen in recovery mode with the iTunes logo. The reasons for this problem are various but software corruption or hardware issues are most common which causes the iPhone to be stuck in the recovery mode loop. If you are also struggling similar problem “iPhone stuck in recovery mode won’t restore” apply the solutions below to fix it.
What is the recovery mode iPhone?
In iOS, Recovery mode is a failsafe mechanism that allows users to recover their devices if they become unresponsive. It’s part of the iPhone’s bootloader, called iBoot. That function is to check, scan and search for errors. When something is wrong with iOS firmware or upgrade your iOS device (iPhone) automatically enters recovery mode to prevent the iPhone or the other iOS devices from more damage.
If your iPhone refuses to boot or crashes on startup, you’ll need to put the device into recovery mode (below) in order to rescue it.
Here are some reasons why you might need recovery mode:
- The display shows nothing but the Apple logo for a very long time and it never fully turns on.
- During an iOS update, the phone gets stuck in a loop of continuously restarting.
- The phone won’t turn on, turn off, and is completely unresponsive.
- You connect the phone to a computer and iTunes cannot see the phone.
How to Enter recovery mode
- Make sure your iPhone is fully charged.
- Make sure you have the latest iTunes version installed on your Mac/PC.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac/PC and launch iTunes.
- Force restart your iPhone while it’s connected to your computer by pressing and holding the power and home buttons at the same time for a few seconds.
- Once the Apple logo appears on your iPhone screen, release the power button but keep holding the home button until you see the iTunes and cable signs show up on the screen.
- Stop right here. You are in recovery mode.
When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device.
To exit the recovery mode you can just do the force restart process by pressing the power and home buttons altogether for a few seconds until the Apple logo appears.
Fix iPhone Stuck In Recovery Mode
Well, Enter and exit recovery mode on the iPhone is easy, but it didn’t follow the instruction well, you may encounter the issue ” iPhone stuck in restore mode.” And if you found yourself in this situation here is how to Get your iPhone Out of Recovery Mode with or without a Computer.
- Press and hold the “Power” button and “Home” button for about 10 seconds
- Do not release two buttons until the Apple logo appears
- Reboot your iPhone to get out of recovery mode.
Fix iPhone stuck recovery mode with iTunes
Also, you can fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode with iTunes as well. This way Your Apple device will be restored back to factory settings and all your iOS data will be erased too. If you do not have backed up the iPhone before think twice before performing the steps below.
- Make sure the latest version of iTunes is installed on your PC,
- Then use a lightning USB cable to connect iPhone to your Windows or Mac computer.
- Confirm to trust this computer, and then iTunes can detect your iPhone stuck in recovery mode entirely.
- Once done, it will detect that it is in recovery mode and will show a window in which it will request to restore it.
- If no popup is displayed, you can manually trigger the restore process by clicking restore iPhone…
Once the process is completed successfully, your device will restart and you will have a factory fresh iPhone in your hands.