Bluetooth headphones or microphones won’t connect to the laptop after a recent Windows 10 update? Or sometimes you may want to transfer the files on your mobile phone to Windows 10 via Bluetooth but can’t find the Bluetooth anymore. You are not alone a number of users report Bluetooth disappeared after Windows 10 update, For some others Bluetooth missing from the device manager.
Recently my pc updated and now I can’t use Bluetooth anymore. The option to turn it off and on is gone, and when I run the troubleshooter, it says that Bluetooth is not available on this device. How is this possible when only hours ago my speaker was connected via Bluetooth and working normally.
If Bluetooth settings are missing on Windows 10 or it has disappeared from Device Manager or Control Panel, you definitely can’t connect your wireless device through Bluetooth to the computer. And the main cause of this issue, the Bluetooth driver is outdated, missing or corrupted.
This is an annoying situation when your Windows 10 missing Bluetooth Settings. But, you don’t need to worry as it is a very common problem and can be fixed easily if you follow some of our instructions.
Bluetooth settings are missing on Windows 10
If you are also struggling with a similar problem, “Bluetooth missing from device manager” Don’t worry here We have listed a few solutions which will fix this problem for you undoubtedly. You can follow any of the below-mentioned methods and get your Bluetooth settings back without any hassle.
Steps to turn your Bluetooth on or off:
- Click the Start menu and select Settings.
- Click Devices then Bluetooth.
- Move the Bluetooth toggle to the desired setting.
Also from Settings > Devices > Bluetooth and other devices > then unpair/remove the device, restart then pair it again.
Well if you notice this option is greyed out then you cant enable/disable this option follow the next step.
- Right-click on the start menu and select device manager
- Now, check whether Bluetooth Device is present in the Network adapter section or not.
- If the Bluetooth section is present there, then it means that you have Bluetooth on your computer.
- If not you need to install the latest Bluetooth driver on your laptop.
Install the latest Windows updates
Microsoft regularly releases security patch updates with various bug fixes. And Installing the latest windows updates may have the bug fix for that Bluetooth problem. Installing the latest updates not only fixes the bug but also updates the Bluetooth driver if available.
- Press Windows + I keyboard shortcut, to open the settings app,
- Click on Update & Security then Windows update,
- Hit the check for updates button to allow download and install the latest windows updates,
- And restart windows to apply the changes,
- now try to enable and connect Bluetooth devices.
Check Bluetooth Service Status
Once you know that Bluetooth settings are available on your computer, then you can revoke them by the following method –
- Press Windows + R keyboard shortcut, type servcies.msc and click ok
- This will open the windows services console, scroll down and locate the Bluetooth service
- Now, you have to right-click over the Bluetooth Support Service or any other kinds of services related to Bluetooth such as Bluetooth Driver Management System, and then start.
- Here, you have to right-click on the service again and click on the Properties option.
- You have to set up the startup type of automatic and apply the change.
- Now, to check the results, press the Windows and I key together on your keyboard to invoke Settings windows and check out if the Bluetooth option is present there.
Reenable Bluetooth driver Software
- Open device manager using devmgmt.msc from start menu search,
- Look for and expand the Bluetooth section,
Pro Tip: if the Bluetooth option is not available there, then click on the action and click on scan for hardware changes.
- Up next, you need to right-click on your Bluetooth driver software in the Bluetooth section and later on select the Disable device and press on Yes to initiate the process.
- Once everything is done, you have to right-click on the driver again and this time select Enable device option.
- Lastly, on your keyboard, you need to press the Windows key along with I key to open Settings and see if the Bluetooth option is available now.
Run Troubleshooter for Bluetooth
Run the build-in Bluetooth troubleshooter that automatically detects and fix the problems that prevent Bluetooth device to connect and pair.
- Open settings app using Windows + I keyboard shortcut key,
- Click on Update & security then troubleshoot,
- on the right-hand side select Bluetooth then click run the troubleshooter,
- Let the process complete and restart windows
Reinstall your Bluetooth Driver
If your Bluetooth driver is corrupted or needs an update, then it will not create any trouble for you. However, in most of the cases, this problem can be fixed easily by updating the Bluetooth driver as –
- Again, on your computer Press the Windows logo key and X key together on your keyboard to get access to the menu, and then just press on the Device Manager option.
- Next, right-click on your Bluetooth driver and select the Uninstall device from the menu.
- Here, you have to visit the website of your computer manufacturer or you can visit the Bluetooth adapter manufacturer’s website such as Intel, and start the process of downloading the Bluetooth driver for your device. Then, install the downloaded driver on your computer.
You can use some other third-party tools to assist you here also. This way, you can save yourself from all the trouble of downloading the wrong Bluetooth driver as you don’t know on which system your computer is running. So, if you don’t want to risk your computer by installing the wrong driver, then you can use some helping tool here for sure.
Usually, all the driver installer software is very simple to use. You just need to download and install the software of your choice online. However, we would recommend you to use free software if you are going to use it rarely. Once the software is installed on your system, then you just need to press the scan button and it will automatically show you all corrupted and broken drivers present on your computer. With just one click you will be able to download and install all of the drivers.
And, once you have made changes, then don’t forget to check the status of your Bluetooth settings by pressing the Windows key with the I key on your keyboard.
By following these three simple methods, you can pretty easily fix the issue of the Windows 10 missing Bluetooth option and connect your favorite gadgets with your computer wirelessly. You just need to carefully follow all the instructions and you will be able to fix the problem simply. However, if in some cases, these options don’t work for you, then you can seek help from the vast Microsoft community.