Windows 10 Bad System Config Info bug check value 0x00000074, indicates Windows is having trouble processing something that is unable to handle and to avoid feature loss system shutdown with a blue screen error message. It could be a problem with the Boot Configuration Data file, driver conflict between newly installed hardware or windows system files get corrupted or missing while upgrade the latest windows 10. Again error in the Windows Registry also causes this bad_system_config_info on Windows 10
If you are also struggling with a similar problem, windows 10 frequently restart or won’t boot with this bad_system_config_info blue screen error, don’t worry apply the solutions listed below to fix the problem quickly & easily!
BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO Windows 10
Start With basic remove all external devices and restart your PC that fixes the problem if there is a problem with any external devices or it’s not compatible with the current windows version.
Perform startup repair
If due to this blue screen error windows 10 won’t start normally or restart frequently in such cause you need to boot from windows 10 installation media and perform a startup restart that automatically detects and fix the problems prevent windows to start normally.
Note: If you don’t have, follow the steps to create windows 10 installation media.
- Boot from Windows 10 installation media
- Skip the first Screen -> On the Next screen click on Repair computer
- This Will Restart windows, Next Choose Troubleshoot then Advanced Options
- Now on the advanced options screen click startup repair and follow on-screen instructions,
- This will start the diagnose process, and try to fix the problems to prevent windows 10 to start normally.
Perform Bootrec Commands
If startup repair doesn’t help, open the command prompt from advanced options and perform command below to repair or fix the BCD file that may be corrupted or missing and result from a blue screen error at startup.
- bootrec /fixmbr
- bootrec /fixboot
- bootrec /rebuildbcd
- bootrec /scanos
After That Restart windows and check there is no more Blue Screen Error.
Fix Corrupted Registries
Here is another working solution marked as fix the problem Bad system config info on Windows 10. Again open the command prompt from advanced options then perform the copy and paste command listed below one by one.
CD C:\Windows\System32\config ren X:\Windows\System32\config\DEFAULT DEFAULT.old ren X:\Windows\System32\config\SAM SAM.old ren X:\Windows\System32\config\SECURITY SECURITY.old ren X:\Windows\System32\config\SOFTWARE SOFTWARE.old ren X:\Windows\System32\config\SYSTEM SYSTEM.old
The above step has renamed all of the current main registry files. Use the following commands to replace the original with the ones created by the backup:
copy X:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\DEFAULT X:\Windows\System32\config\ copy X:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SAM X:\Windows\System32\config\ copy X:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SECURITY X:\Windows\System32\config\ copy X:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SYSTEM X:\Windows\System32\config\ copy X:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SOFTWARE X:\Windows\System32\config\
Finally, type in exit to close the Command Prompt window and Restart your PC. This Time You should now be able to boot right into your operating system!
Boot into safe mode
Still, need help? boot into safe mode and apply the solutions listed below.
Disable Fast Startup
A few numbers of users Reported Disable the Fast Startup Feature, help them fix the Bad System Config info Blue Screen Error. You can try disable fast startup following the steps below and check if this helps.
- Open Control panel
- Search for and select power options
- Choose What the power buttons do
- Click on Change Settings that Are Currently Unavailable.
- Then Here under Shutdown Settings Uncheck the option Turn on Fast Startup ( Recommended )
- Click Save Changes.
Repair Corrupted System Files
Again corrupted missing system files also cause windows 10 startup problems or prevent start normally with different blue screen errors. Run the built-in system file checker utility that automatically detects and restores missing system files with the correct one. And that might help fix this windows 10 blue screen error as well.
- Open the command prompt as administrator,
- Type command sfc /scannow and hit the enter key,
- this will start scanning the system for missing corrupted files if found any the SFC utility automatically restores them with the correct one from a compressed folder located %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.
- you only need to wait until 100% complete the scanning process, once done restart your PC.
Pro tip: If SFC utility Results Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them then you need to Run The DISM Tool to enable the System File Checker utility to do its job.
Check Disk And Memory Errors
Some Times Disk Drive Errors and Bed Sectors cause Different startup problems on a windows computer. We Recommend checking And Fix Disk Drive Errors using Disk Check Utility. Also, the faulty Memory (RAM) module can cause Different blue Screen Errors. you Can Check and Fix them Using the windows memory Diagnostic Tool.
Some Other Things To check
Microsoft regularly releases security updates with the latest bug fixes. And installing the latest windows updates fix the previous problems as well. So make sure your system has installed the latest cumulative updates.
Perform a full system scan with the latest updated antivirus or antimalware to make sure virus malware infection not causing the problem.
Also, Make sure windows is not infected with a virus malware infection. We recommend download & install a good antivirus / Anti-malware with the latest updates and perform a Full System Scan.
Run free system optimizers like Ccleaner to Cleanup Junk, Cache, Cookies, System Error files to free up Disk Space and fix registry errors that not only fix the various problems also optimize the system’s performs well.
Always Avoid Installing Pirated applications (Cracked games, Activators). If you notice the problem started after installing a particular application we recommend uninstalling the application and check.
- Solved: Windows 10 slow shutdown and restart problem
- Windows 10 installing the same update over and over? Here how to fix it
- Fix iPhone Not Showing Up in iTunes For Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- Fix Bootmgr is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart on Windows 10, 8, 7
- Windows 10 Photos App Not Working after Update? Let’s fix i
- An A to Z Guide to Device Drivers on Windows 10, 8.1 and 7